Friday, March 23, 2007

Had to Take a Break

I had to take a break from writing these last several days, as I needed to attend to some non-political aspects in my life. During my silent time, I have just grown so sick about the brazen disregard for our Constitution and our country that the Bushies display on a daily basis.

It just seems like we're deluged with a new scandal every day, and scandals within scandals at that. A lot of people are saying this is what happens after you have one party in power for so long. I disagree with that---it's what happens when you have a party that doesn't believe in government in the first place running the show. I think a lot of folks thought that the Republicans would be constantly stripping away programs and handing tax cuts to the rich. Well, they did that (!) and they've also done something far worse, too.

They've systematically profiteered and politicized everything from foreign policy (Iraq) to catastrophe (Katrina) to protecting us domestically (awful homeland security bureaucracy, FDA run by anti-abortion zealots, and muzzling the science community in favor of religious bigots). It just makes you sick. I feel sometimes like I'm rummaging through a filthy dumpster when I read about my government.

And that's depressing.

No comments: